Saturday, September 30, 2006

Combat

From the journal of Galdor, Wind Mage of Aurellentia
13-20-4873, Secondday.

Yesterday, a dark mage arrived to observe the village, and he and I locked in combat. The powers of the Dark Mages are indeed great. I could not have defeated him without the help of my new apprentices. His power lay in the dark god of fire. Upon confrontation, he drew a long jagged blade which glowed like a beacon. His hair and clothing likewise ignited. He sent torrents of fire at me which I either dodged or deflected with the power of the wind. I called the power of the wind to me and hurled great spells, powerful spells at him, to no avail. He was able to penetrate the great cyclone I called up to defend me, and avoided powerful gusts of wind. He seemed to grow in strength while I diminished. Thaldor, I think observed this, and struck him a great blow from behind with an immense stone. He fell then, and I pierced his heart with my blade. He left naught behind; his body was consumed, as if from within, by a great and searing flame. His ashes drifted away and he was gone. I have spent this day recovering from a series of minor gashes and burns, and shall tomorrow set off towards the great Angrod, with my two acolytes, who have agreed to accompany me to the great city.

2 comments:

Graham said...

There are 12 gods. the first eight are fire, water, earth and wind, and there are two of each. The other four are life, death, order, and chaos. Half of the gods are dark, half are light, because they need to be in balance with eachother to support life. Why they are that way is because I wanted them like that...no reasons really. they are all in tension against eachother, and because of their nature they fight for supremacy. Aurellentia is where they can gain the upper hand.

Who they are? well... I'm not sure on that one, and I'm not sure where the world came from. There is no higher authority...yet. I may decide that there may have to be some neutral over god that created the earth. We'll have to see.

Have I answered any questions, or have I just confused things? if things don't make sense, yell at me. I'll see if I can clarify things...

Graham said...

thankyou! I spent some time thinking them out. I dunno if it shows or not.