Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Summer Solstice

From the journal of Galdor, Wind Mage of Aurellentia
4-20-4873, Fourthday

My superiors here at the temple to the God of wind have decided to permit my pilgrimage to the Earthstone, I must but wait until the solstice. I am needed here at the temple to train the bodies of the acolytes of my order. However, at the solstice all my acolytes are dismissed to help with the upcoming harvest and to spread the teachings of our God amongst the people of the land, so then I will have time free of duty to wend my way to Angrod. Loth am I to wait, feeling the disorder in the elements around me, the fire I write before, the stone beneath my feat, the wine in my horn, the order, the chaos, the life, the death, and the air around me. I am but a string in a chord of life, a note on the wind; I feel the wind, am the wind, I am moved by the wind. Thus must I wait: in a world drained of power, yet twitching with energy, as if disturbed by some power, distracted from their normal movements, dead to the world they power. Thus must I wait, thus must I wait.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loathe I am to wait* This is pretty cool, but I wonder where you are going with this. Make sure you have a plot in mind, or else you might get a cheesy deus ex machina ending, and that would not be worthy of your writing style.

Graham said...

lol. Yeah, I have an end in mind. It is a story I have had bottled up inside of my for the past two years, and I decided this would be my outlet.